People and Process Coaching
In our Coaching we focus on what you personally can do to help everyone in a product team get into a state of creative flow. Creating products customers will love challenges people’s leadership and process skills that are often interconnected. Our coaches Stefan Haas and Holly Mae Haddock wil help you with personal and process issues in a safe space, on your own schedule and specific topics.
Enable an Agile Product Culture
Coaching helps you improve what’s going on in your thought processes and feelings, that gets in the way of achieving the psychological flow state with your team. In our sessions we help you set best conditions for work to flow smoothly in a team. We co-design with you the next step to address stakeholder needs and to relieve deadlocks in working with your agile team by adjusting what’s going on in the structures and systems surrounding you and your team. With personal attention we help you re-shape and process an agile working culture to optimize creative flow.
Our Way of Working
When working with organisations who are leading in digital and agile product development we are constantly deepening our knowledge in designing agile product organisations that grow organically and adapt to fit needs. In the process of using our toolbox in coaching corporate startups and accelerators from global companies we’ve identified a set of core principles and success factors that guide us as we help innovation teams:
- Organize in small, 100% dedicated, cross-functional teams using lightweight agile roles. Have a dedicated sponsor who leads in an agile way, creates high level of psychological safety and gives forthright, non-violent feedback. Nurture a culture of high autonomy, shared purpose, mastery and trust,. Establish a customer-centric flow, value create over react. Have a strong shared vision combined with rapid empirical design/test cycle for fast learning. Utilize a lightweight, emergent, adaptive agile process owned by the people who do the work, in a continuous improvement cycle, with emphasis on: focus, speed, action, visualization, time-boxing and experimenting. Be mindful of setting up a physical and digital workspace that adapts for creative work.
Some of the questions we deal with in our Coaching sessions
- I’m feeling overwhelmed by the uncertainty in my project
- We lack a sensible workable process for determining what work to do and when
- I feel like I'm supposed to be an expert, but actually I don't know what to do next
- I’m in a power struggle or conflict with someone
- I’m grappling privately with anxiety, low confidence, caring too much what others think
- I feel like I'm not seen, known, or valued enough for my true gifts
- My team doesn’t feel fully safe psychologically
- I can’t figure out how to motivate my team
We are an experienced team working together since 2012 and have helped hundreds of people and teams at the Product Dojo, in Inhouse workshops and Coaching sessions, while also tackling the ever growing complexity of product innovation.
We put our customer’s problems first and then we co-create the next step or the entire journey, using our skills in Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Scrum Trainer (CST™) and Management 3.0 agile leadership tools. We have been practicing what we at #PoDojo teach since the early 1990s, and we have deep knowledge in agile product strategy and development, agile leadership, scaling product organisations and startups, corporate startups and accelerator programs and agile transformation.
We’re a multicultural team of 5 people with different professional backgrounds selected by our company in order to found a corporate startup in Silicon Valley within 6 months. Coming out of organizational structures and now working in this innovative environment #PoDojo offered great support both for our business (Streametric.io) following the lean startup methodology and also individually in terms of personal development. Doing the right things at the right time is very critical for any startup and young businesses so I can highly recommend #PoDojo’s very competent team that will help you to develop your business efficiently and to grow with healthy team dynamics.
Mann + Hummel Group, Commodity Buyer
Being in a startup team often means high pressure and uncertainty. Both can be roadblocks for creativity and collaboration which is so crucial for success. The #PodDjo 1×1 was an eye-opening experience for me. It helped me not only to unfold my full potential under these difficult conditions but also to motivate others.
Streametric, Product Manager
Recently, I was part of a team to work on a project to deliver the product in 5 months, none of the team members had prior working/personal relationship. In this difficult situation, having almost 10h of one-to-one coaching with Holly helped me to identify many things in myself and other people’s need and rationale behind. Holly helped me with different techniques to understand the root cause of personal conflicts, reason of demotivation and individuals being non-committal to be as team. I am glad to have Holly as my personal coach, it really helped me to be successful in what I am doing now.
Mann + Hummel Group, Innovation Management, New Product Development
Holly’s coaching sessions have given a new dimension to my perspectives, it has helped me to keep the prejudices and judgements aside and interpret conversations effectively and empathize when needed, these have certainly helped me in both professional and personal life.
Mann + Hummel Group, Lead Product Engineer